Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NATM: For Audrey and OPI Extra-va-ganza

NOTM: Nails at the Moment- because as you guys know I change my nail polish every 2-3 days.


Today, had the chance to take some pictures of my nails. I painted them last night and it took me a good half an hour to 45 minutes. Why? let's just say that China Glaze For Audrey is a mother(excuse my language) to apply- streaky, thin cosistency and needs a good three coats to have that opaque tiffany box colour. For Aubrey may be one of China Glaze's most popular shades and I argee that it is stunning, but I think there are other brands of nail polishes that could be a good dupe for this one that would have a better formula.Okay, so enough with the For Audrey rant and let me tell you what else I used. I also applied Orly's Rage(silver with gold and pink shimmer) and on top of that I used OPI Extra-va-ganza- I forgot to include this pretty polish- so sorry. I would assume that most of you know how this glittery polish looks like. OPI Extra-va-ganza was included in their Burlesque collection-(OPI's holiday 2010 collection).


I know you guys have seen tons of swatches of For Audrey, but it won't hurt to show more right? I applied Orly's Rage and OPI Extra-va-ganza on my ring finger.

Here are some photos of my nails. with China Glaze For Audrey and OPI Extra-va-ganza.
Do you like the accent nail trend going on? Or do you guys prefer the one colored polish look?

Follow me on TWITTER

Have a nice Wednesday :)

Kim

11 comments:

  1. Pretty nails. I had the opposite problem with China Glaze For Audrey. The batch that I purchased was thick and goopey, making the polish impossible to apply. I ended up adding nail polish thinner to it, but it's still tricky to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Audrey looks gorgeous on you. I've had my bottle for ages but never use it. It doesn't suit me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! my bottle of for audrey only lasted me one wear, as the next time i went to use it the bottle cracked! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so it isnt just me who has a problem with For Audrey. I hope we find a perfect dupe for this polish. Thank you for replying lovely ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loves it! very creative with the colors XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Venus in Virgo- Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lusting this trend... especially in these colors!! Great work! now following you :)

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Emily- thanks girl :) Love this trend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You still did a good job with that polish! It looks great on your nails! I like oth .. but I haven't tried accenting polishes at all yet =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Miss Kimmy- Thanks hun :) You might not like it at first, but you'll get used to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love for audrey but get my nails done so ive never had to paint them myself. That extrvaganza colour looks awesome.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much.