Why hello there ladies and gents How are ya'll doing?
How's your weekend so far? so far so good? or is this not your weekend?
Anyways, I'm back to share another Holiday Makeup Look part tres. Now, for this post I will be showing you a modern pin up look, but still has that 50's-60's edge to it.
Holiday parties is a good excuse to dress up and to slap lots of makeup on your face. For me, Holiday means sparkles, glitters, red, green, and golds(and all other color out there). Have you guys chosen your holiday outfit yet? I will be wearing a sparkling skirt or shorts(not sure yet). I will post a OOTD here when that day comes(Dec 24).
If you aren't aware yet, I will not be staying here in Vancouver for the Holidays. I will be on a vacation to visit my family and friends. So, I guess I won't be blogging that often. I will be away on December 15th till January 4th. So I'm just apologizing in advance if I won't be blogging that much on those days.
So, let's go back to the Holiday Makeup Look I'm talking about. Whether you want to dress up or dress down, be sophisticated or down to earth, a pin up look would be great with everything. So, this is why I decided to put up this look.
I hope you guys enjoy- I tried my best to create a modern Dita Von Tess look.
If you say Pin Up..this means..
- Face should be LIGHTER than usual(flawless)- I tried my best :D
- Upper lashline should be LINER HEAVY(black)
- Precise WING look
- Cheeks should be PINK
- Lips should be RED
So here's my Holiday Pin Up Look...
For the FACE:
-I used NARS Sheer Glow alone in Ceylon- I used this because this is a shade lighter than what I often use.
-For concealers- I used typical YSL Touche Eclat and MAC Select Moisture
-Then I applied MAC Natural Skin Finish in Medium- Applied all over face powder
- I applied MAC Pink Swoon(apply only on the apples of the cheeks in circular motion) then I used NARS Deep Throat(dabbed a tiny bit for an extra glow)
For the EYES:
- Eyeshadow base: MAC Painterly Paintpot- applied all over the lid up to the brow bone
- Then I used MAC Brule(for this step, you can use any beigey-nude, matte eyeshadow)- applied it all over lid. Then I used MAC Shroom for tear duct highlight. I then used MAC Cork for the crease(use a small amount of a light brown eyeshadow. You just want to enhance the crease)
- This is the most important part for this look- The HEAVY LINER and the WING at the end. I used Revlon Colorstay liquid liner(thicker than usual), then I created the wing look.
- For mascara- you need at least three coats of you favorite volumizing mascara and a lengthening one as well. For this look, I used L'oreal Volume Million mascara and topped of with YSL Faux Cils mascara.
*** didn't put any products for the lower lash line or water line.
For the LIPS:
- Pin Up girl equals RED lips- now, for this look I do not have a matte red lipstick in my collection, but I just used any red toned lipstick I have. MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick.
*** You can definitely make your lips more dramatic by using a matte red or a dark burgundy shade.
What's your take on a pin up look? Is it your style?
I think everyone can rock this look, whether or not you have a fair, medium, or dark skin tone. just make sure be glamorous and be the center of attention :) Have a lovely Christmas everyone. So now...I'm going to greet all my followers/reader a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thank you all for your support.
Thanks for reading and have a wonderful Sunday :)