How's your Friday so far? Mine has been great, but it will be a cold and rainy weekend here in Vancouver(what's new anyways?). Just a little bit more patience and spring is here, so let's just wait and hope for a good and warm(not wet) spring season.
Finally I had the chance to do my February favorites and I'm really excited to share them with you. Nothing too exciting tho, but I think I never done a monthly favorites post before, so say hello to my first monthly favorite blog post for the month of February.
I know I'm 4 days late, but better late than never right?
So let's get straight to the point here.
1. Revlon Soft Nude- is your typical nude lipstick that goes on smoothly and it is very moisturizing as well. I don't really use lipgloss these days, but I apply my MAC TLC in Petting Pink before I apply this lipstick and on top of it too.
2. NARS Nepal eyeshadow- if you have MAC All That Glitters or MAC Naked Lunch, Nepal is very similar to them. I use this all over my lid and apply MAC Shroom or Urban Decay Virgin as a inner corner highlight and I'm good to go. I've been using this boring eye combo for the whole month of January and February.
3. Korres Vitamin Face Primer- at first, I wasn't really impress with this Korres face primer, but I decided to give it a second try and finally, I fell in love with it. I'm almost done and I will purchase a new one very soon. If you are the type of person who uses a face primer before applying your foundation, give this a try.
4. MAC 182 kabuki brush- the best kabuki brush hands down! The MAC 181 does the same job, but it is smaller and cuter compared to this(This 182 is 181's mom). I use this to buff in my blush and whenever I use a MSF. I can't say anything bad about this brush(oh! I know- EXPENSIVE! $50 + YIKES!)
5. MAC Natural Skinfinish in light medium- I use this as a finishing powder. I first apply my primer, foundation, concealer and then get a big fluffy face brush and sweep this Natural Skin Finish all over my face and it does gives me a nice glow.
6. MAC 116 brush- I use this to apply my blush and it id a good blush brush, but I do prefer MAC 109. I will do an in depth comparison of this brush and MAC 109 because couple of people requested me to do that. SO your wish is my command. :)
7. MAC 109 brush- Best contour brush, blush brush, bronzer brush, and highlighting brush. I think I can live with this brush alone.
8. MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion- I did a review of MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion here, so check it out if you are interested with it. I use this as a highlight on my cheek bones, nose bridge and brow bones.
9. Benefit Hoola bronzer- do I even need to explain this famous bronzer because there are millions of reviews about this Benefit product. Im happy to say that they are ALL right. This bronzer is matte and does not give me a muddy looking face. DO I prefer this over Laguna? I think about 70% maybe just because Laguna is a bit too orange for me, but I did use Laguna for a year and a half. I bought Hoola because I ran out of Laguna and that's what everyone recommended to me.
My "necessary" products
- What I mean about "nessary" products are the products that never change in my makeup routine, such as my moisturizers, concealer, eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, foundation and eye primer.
> MAC Face and Body mixed with NARS Sheer Glow
> MAC Stuido Finish concealer in NW20 ad YSL Touche Eclat in #8
> MAC Superslick Liquid liner in On the Hunt
> MAC Powerpoint Kohl liner in Graphblack
> MAC Paintpots, Painterly and topped with Bare Study
What are your Fabruary favorite beauty products?
Have a good weekend :)