Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Haul of Lipbalms


Good morning and good evening everyone how's your week so far? enjoying summer? or hating the heat? It's about 24 degrees here in Vancouver, not bad tho. It's a perfect time for biking, jogging, running, and walking near the sea wall.

My second package arrived in the mail last night and I was tweeting about them- http://twitter.com/missshawty1127(FOLLOW ME PLEASE) I'm going to be sharing them to you. I got my EOS lip balms and a Smith's Rosebud Salve lip balm as well.

EOS(Evolution of Smooth) lip balm smooth sphere.

These egg-shaped lip balms are everywhere these days. I got them last night and immediately opened them up and applied them on my lips before I slept last night. They are hands- free and 100% organic. This means that you don't have to worry about digging your hands in the pot and when you do that you get a lot of germs. These lip balms also contains Jojaba oil and Shea butter which means that it helps moisturize your lips. Shea butter is a yellowish or ivory-colored natural fat that comes from seed of the African Shea Tree and it is widely used, especially with cosmetics. This lip balm also contains Vitamin E which is antioxidant and this helps sooth your lips. Another great thins about this lip balm is that it was not tested on animals.

Packaging- The cutest packaging ever. I wish all lip balms are egg-shaped now. These are twist off top and it has a flat surface underneath so your balm will be able to stand on its own. These lip balms are clear and smells really good. These lip balms are for lazy people like me because you just need to hold your lips in a natural position and with just one sweep the large balm quickly covers both lips at once.

The product- EXCELLENT. They smell really good and it really soothes and moisturizes the lips. They come in 4 flavours I believe- Sweet Mint,Honeydew Honeysuckle, Summer Fruit, Lemon drop. All contains SPF 15. I bought mine at http://www.drugstore.com/. I ordered them on July 10- and it arrived July19. This company offers shipping internationally, but it is $9.99 flat rate when shipped in Canada.They only offer 3 flavors and I got all 3- Sweet Mint, Honeydew Honeysuckle, and Summer Fruit. They retail for about 4.99 and I promise they are worth every penny.

Recommend? Definitely! 100% yes. Get yours today. Pucker up those lips and smile.If you live in the US, then you are lucky because you can get the EOS lip balms at Walgreens, Rite Aid and Target.

From L-R: Summer Fruit, Sweet Mint, and Honeydew Honeysuckle

Smith's Rosebud Salve:

Packaging- Tin can and you need to use your fingers to apply this rose- scented balm

Product- Well it has a strong rose scent to it. If you do not want the smell of roses stay out from this product. It has a slight color when applied to your lips. This product retails for $5.59 also at http://www.drugstore.com/. The people behind this invention claims that this product is really hard to find and that it" has been lauded by fashion magazines, make-up artists, and celebrities as their number one preferred lip balm. In addition to being a wonderful lip moisturizer, natural-looking lip gloss and lipstick base, it is still a family favorite to aid in the relief of chapped and dry skin, blemishes, diaper rash, and detergent burns.?

Recommend- Yes to those who loves the scent of roses, and no to those who do not like the smell of roses. Honestly, this is just rose-scented petroleum jelly/ Vaseline. I will still be using this if I want a hint of color on my lips.

Will you be getting the EOS? the Rosebud Salve? or both?

Hug, Kim

29 comments:

  1. EOS looks like a much better deal.
    Very cute looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my eos!! great review.


    >> beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want an EOS lipbalm so much!
    I am having a giveaway on my blog if your interested :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The EOS look so cute but i never buy lip balms because i always have lipstick on unless im asleep lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Yomi Uba- they are the cutest thing

    @Tara- I just got it yesterday and im in love with it

    @Fern- Go buy one at drugstore.com

    @Nicoletta- lol :) You should try putting lipbalm before you put lipstick on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not get my hands on the EOS balms... :(
    But they look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to pick the EOS balms up when I'm in the US! Can't wait to try them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. *want!*

    they will be mine some day, oh yes, they will be mine.


    thanks for sharing !!!!


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh i love the eos lipbalms. I've been wanting to order them for a while! I might get round to doing it now haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww the EOS lipbalms are too cute! I wish they were available in Canada though... I don't want to pay $9.99 shipping when they are priced at $4.99 -_-

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwww i've been craving for some of those EOS lipbalms!! but i cant justify $10 shipping :( booo... which flavor do you recommend out of the 3? i cant seem to pick haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love sweet mint!
    summer fruit is okay.
    i want to find the lemon one.

    I didn't really see the point of rosebud salve, i ended up swapping it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @xAgnes- I only had the chance to try the sweet mint. It smeels nice and taste nice too. It has that tingly effect which i adore !

    @Kaitlyn- I still have to try the rosebud salve. Ill probably give it a week

    ReplyDelete
  14. The EOS lipbalms look so cute! Really hope I can track them down somewhere in the UK :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @lilylipstick- I dont think they have it in UK. It sucks tho! I wish I live in the US. They have everything there!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://lookitssonia.blogspot.com/2010/07/contest-please-enter-simple-steps.html

    please enter everyone!!giveaway^^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to try these! They look so cute! everyone has them it seems, very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Renay Shanel- They are so cute, I agree with you 100%. They are also super moisturizing. I mean I cant say anything wrong bout this product.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, how unique are those? Never seen them before!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Miss*Kimmy- Hey! you should! I cant find it here in Canada tho. I bet you will be able to find them in California. They are the cutest thing right? They come in 4 flavours too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @aisyah De Cullen- Go get'em. They are worth your money =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love my eos lip balm!
    great review =]
    just followed you on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Julisa- Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i hate how they don't sell eos lip balms here in canada :( i love rosebud salve though :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @CJ- I know right!? it sucks! We need to protest! haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. those EOS lip balms are too adorable for words!
    all of us canadian gals should email the company and tell them to get a canadian supplier!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Elise- For sure! LETS!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww I purchased the EOS summer fruits and I just love the packaging :) certainly breaks the ice in awkward moments when you whip it out hehe, becky xo

    http://beckiangel44.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much.