Monday, August 2, 2010

Review: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment


Hi Ladies!

It's Monday once again! Seriously, July flew by so fast.

This post will be a review about the Kiehl's Eye Cream Treatment with Avocado
This is the sample I got
I bought this little baby a week and a half ago or maybe two weeks ago? I didn't review this product as soon as I bought it because it will be impossible for me to know if this eye cream works wonders for me or not. I want to give you an honest review about this product.

Now, I have been using this eye cream religiously for two weeks now and I'm going to share my thoughts ad opinions about it. After all the time a spent watching people reviewing this product in Youtube and beauty blogs, I'm hereby pleased to say that this eye cream is worth the hype and works like magic.

Why you ask?

Well, I'll tell you

First of all- It is Kiehl's- I have been a loyal customer of this brand ever since my mom introduced me to it and that was when I was 18 I believe(Im 21 now btw). I have their toners, shampoos, and conditioners and with no doubt I'm very satisfied with every single one of them.

second, I adore their packaging. You ask why? I know it is very simple, but I like simple packaging. The white containers are gorgeous. I have this thinking that white symbolizes simplicity and elegance. I do not know why, but for me, it is :)

third, I swear all those YT videos and posts about this product made me do it. Youtube and blogs are the best marketing strategies out there. That's why a lot of companies send beauty bloggers and gurus products to review to gain more customers. We need to be careful with who we watch and what we read on the internet because some of them are getting paid. I do not have anything against them because I look up to YT gurus and I spend my spare time watching them. If they are getting paid, then good for them. They earn money by doing what they like and what they love right? Let's not mind their business and just watch them review and do their own little thing. :)

okay enough with the lecture about YT and on with the eye cream review

- this product is TINY. I actually expected it to be bigger in size tho. I do not know what thing to compare it with, but here's a photo showing how small this product is.


Can you guys visualize it? Sorry if you can't, but it is probably a size of a MAC Paintpot, but taller a little bit?

The product contains avocado and Vitamin E. These ingredients helps moisturize and sooth the skin around your eyes. The area around our eyes is very delicate and it is prone to being dry, especially after you use your eye makeup remover. This is where the Creamy Eye Treatment enter.

This eye cream is the best I have yet to find. When you pick it up, it feels and it is quite thick in consistency but on contact, it will get super light and moist. Two other things that I love about this eye cream are that it isn't sticky at all and it doesn't get in your eyes.
After a week of using this every night before I sleep, I noticed a softening of those fine lines around my eyes. It seems that the longer I use this eye cream the better my eyes look. If I had to pick something negative about it, it would probably be the size of this product. I wish it was a lot bigger.
I think this will probably last me about 3-5 months maximum :)

I hope this review helped :) I would tell everyone that go ahead, spend 30 bucks for this because after all it is worth it :)

Do you guys watch beauty gurus on YT? they are a great help aren't they? I still need to have the guts to make my own YT beauty channel, but I always wanted to start one! hmm...what do you guys think? Im kind of scared, honestly :D

xoxo, kim

16 comments:

  1. so helpful!
    ive been thinking about picking this up for awhile!
    thank you so much
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post! Thank you! I might just pick this up after I can partially pay for school! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, Kim! Always great to hear about little wonders (and especially great to hear about little wonders that minimize dreaded fine lines)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try this... I don't know what's keeping me from buying this, I always buy other brands! Ugh.

    Thanks for the review!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kaitlyn- no problem :) Its a kind of eye cream that will reduce fine lines under your eyes.

    @Melly- I know you wer waiting for this post! Thanks for reading it and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Elise- Little wonders are the best :)

    @ Marie- Yes you should try this one out. Its not an expensive eye cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been considering trying this cream for a while now. You've got me with this post. I am going out to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Katastrophic- oh nice! holla back at me kays? Tell me how you like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! I'm needing a new eye cream soon and this sounds really good to me! Can feel a purchase coming on :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @SparklesandLipgloss-hope you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try this. Thankyou so much for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Kellie- no Kellie :) Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow thanks for the review! helped alot! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, I will keep you updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We will no forget to join your contest for the next time when it will happen as July is already passed so next time for awesome prizes I will join your contest.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much.