Friday, August 27, 2010

MAC Fabulous Feline Collection- Superslick Liquid Liner


Came back from my trip to Seattle...AGAIN! Lovin Seattle a lot and of course I bought new beauty products as well- NYC Blushable Cream Sticks, CG lipslicks Lip Balm, NARS, etc. I will be doing a haul and review for these separately.

I will first review MAC.

As you all know MAC Fabulous Feline was Launched yesterday (August 26, Thursday). I wasn't too excited and hyped out about it. I know the collection is huge and it can be a bit overwhelming, but thank god I controlled myself. I didn't really want any eyeshadow, lipsticks, lipglosses and brushes, but I was interested about the Superslick Liquid Liner that was released with this collection.

I was not interested with the lip products just because they are too shimmery for me and the colors are out of my comfort zone. I was suppose to get Of Royalty lipstick(baby pink cremesheen finish), but decided to say NO to it. I think this lipstick is very dupable and I have tons of pink lipsticks already. There are tons of shades to choose from, but I just skipped them. The lipglosses didn't wow me and the eyeshadow quads are too sheer and wasn't pigmented. I might come back for the pigments though and purchase more liners? maybe the navy and the gunmetal shade.

MAC Fabulous Feline released nine shades of superslick liquid liners and it comes in variety of colors namely:

Desires and Devices- light gold
Treat Me Nice-dark green
Defiantly Feline- Dark brown
Nocturnal- Silver
Smoky Heir- Dark plum
Signature Blue- Navy
Pure Show- True gold
On The Hunt- Black
Marked for Glamour- Gunmetal

I got two out of the nine- I got Defiantly Feline(dark brown) and On the Hunt(black).

The superslick liquid liner is very easy to use because it has a felt tip applicator. You can do a very thin line with a light hand, but you can darken it as well. The formula is a bit watery, but still it is easy to move the wand. These liners last a long time as well and it doesn't smudge after you apply it on your lids. You just need to wait for about 30-60 seconds to dry. When it is time to remove your eye make-up, these superslick liners can be removed with a facial wipe. I used Neutrogena facial wipes to remove it.

Defiantly Feline- is a dark brown with gold shimmers. When you swatch it on your hand it will look dark, but once applied on the lids it becomes a little lighter which I like. I need some brown liners.

On the Hunt- Dark black with a glossy finish, but once dry you won't really notice the shine.

and I just wanted to add that Graphblack Technakohl Liner. I proclaim my love for this because I repurchase this particular liner over and over again. This is my fifth already. I use this on my lower lash line and water line as well and smudge it a little bit.

Sorry if the eye swatches are a bit messy. I was in a hurry to go out.

Defiantly Feline on the left and In the Hunt on the right
With flash... The far left is the Technakohl in Graphblack
First up is On the Hunt superslick liquid liner
Then..Defiantly Feline
Did anyone purchase the F/W Nail trend from MAC? What are you recommendations?

What do you guys think? Will you be purchasing these liners from the newest MAC collection? or skip it and save your money for other fall/winter collection.

xoxo, Kim

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go check out the new collection so bad.. hahaha but I shouldn't. I
    m scared that I can't control myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @L4pinkpetal- you should check the collection out in my opinion. I t can be a lilttle bit overwhelming, but try to control yourself. I think the collection is not really that appealing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way Kim! Nothing else caught my attention only the liner but I decided to skip seeing as I still have my gel liner and liquid last liner. Lovely review though <3

    http://lifel0veandlipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops and I forgot to mention can't wait to see your other haul/review. I love your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad you had fun in Seattle, Kimbo! That;s so funny how we both recently went there =)
    Love your eyes lined like this, you have a great nice big shape to your eyes.
    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These liners look gorgeous...I'm in need of a new liquid liner...not sure whether to re-purchase L'Oreal Superliner of splash out on a bit of Mac...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look really nice.. i think it's time i start buying liquid eyeliners *hmmm....
    cant wait for your reviews though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Miss*Kimmy- Yea I know it is funny that we bith had our vacation in Seattle :) Its so much fun there! I want to go back again. Thanks, kim :)

    @LilyLipstick- You should probably try MAC because you already tried L'oreal, but its upto you :)

    @ Beauty Style Addict- Liquid liners can give your eyes drama and it's really nice to explore with different makeup products :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the liner looks so good on you with it winged out like that. I might go pick up that liquid eye liner now! xoxo

    http://heyhilarywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Hilary- try some different colours like the blue one and the gunmetal color. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much.