Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Not Sure if I Like Them or Not

Help everyone!
I need your thoughts about these products because I'm not really sure if I like them or not. I'm not sure whether to sell these babies on my blog, or just try to use them. So I really need your opinion on these guys okay? help me out =) thanks so much!

I don't reach these items a lot, I don't even reach a couple of them at all. I think I was overwhelmed because they look super pretty on the stand. Blog sale maybe? yes?=)
so here they are
MAC eyeshadow duo in Heat Element- With this duo, I think I like it, but i need to find a way on how to use both of them. Maybe use the gold on my outer V and the cranberry one on my lower lash line? hmmm. What do you guys think?



MAC eyeshadow duo in Engaged- Lovely colour huh? Warning: Chunky glitters. I used this once and I look like a disco ball. haha. I really don't know how to use this one. help!


Warm and Cozy Shadestick- I really like the color of this shadestick. I got this from the Warm and Cozy collection. The application of this product is what I don't like about this one because I need to apply probably a lot like A LOT to get the color. It's also really hard to blend as well.


Swatch of Warm and Cozy Shadestick

NYX- My Favourite Color single eyeshadow- When I saw this, I grabbed it instantly thinking it would look like Naked Lunch, but it's not. Not at all. Chunky glitters and glitters fall off massively. I think its Honey Lust is even better compared to this. I know a lot of people complains about glitters fall off from Honey Lust, but this e/s is even worse.



MAC MSF in Comfort- I really want to love this product. I love the veins in it, love the finish, but the color on my is way too orange. for me. I'm an NC 25. I used this as a bronzer probably twice hoping that I can do something about it and eventually love it.


Swatch for MSF comfort



Do you guys ever feel the same way? You want to love the product, but you can's because your not sure on how to use them? comment below. thankss
love, Kim


13 comments:

  1. I understand what you are saying about the mineralize eyeshadow duo in Heat Wave, but i think if you use the light shade on your lid and the copper red in the crease and really blended it out maybe adding a dark brown to the outer v it could look really amazing as long as you dont mind alot of glitter..lol. As for the Msf in comfort if its orange on you there is nothing you can do really, you could try using a very light hand and a second bronzer but that seems like a little too much work..


    xoxo
    kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great, but wear them lightly so they are not over the top!

    http://lolitasaysso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kaitlyn and Lolita- thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the advice. I will try your suggestions =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i understand what you mean, i own a few of them too and i never where the colors of the eyeshadows duo together !
    you can use them separetely, especially the light colors, they are gorgeous,
    + i agree with kaitlyn wrote :)


    xx !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about a lot of products I have too. I try to find ways to mix em with another lighter or darker powder. That usually helps. Thanks for stoppin by my blog hun! I <3 your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally get what your saying and always feel that way about "beauty powder" its like not bronzer but not blush and its like ????

    anyways i love your blog :)
    Cheers, Jesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankyou for the comment! i'm so sorry it's taken a while for me to reply. my internet has been too slow.

    all of the colours are gorgeous and it's such a pain when we can't get some makeup to work! play around with the makeup a little bit more and see if you can come up with something. i agree with Kaitlyn with the bronzer. unless you can find other purposes to use it for, or get much more tan, it might be best to sell it.

    oops, sorry for the long comment!
    take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kim! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I have a few recommendations for your items. For the MAC Duo shadows, I would use it buy using the champagne/gold color in your inner/lid color and use the cranberry slightly in the crease but use a matte brown or a brown with red undertones for your crease+ outer v. I think the red alone could be a little overwhelming. OR the champagne color is GORGEOUS, so you could just use it as an all over lid color and use a brown/bronze or something along those lines in the outer V for a simpler look. Second item, i would say use a neutral base and don't pack on the colors. Use them in the manner as the first one! ( : For the shadesticks, they're so versatile, you could use them alone or use them as a base. Sometimes, I like to use mine for the lower lashline. For the NYX shadow, USING A BASE will help the shadow stick. And finally, for the MSF, if you are light/medium skintoned using this as a contour or even a bronzer would work! ( : I love using MSF as contours. I know it's long to read but I hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i really love the bronzey stuff, gorgeous!
    x
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those mac eyeshadows! I think all those products are awesome- promise :P

    keep in touch, Kimberley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ everyone- Thanks for your comments, and the advise. I really appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the msf in comfort as well and there is too much shimmer to use it as a contour/bronzer so I use it as a blush and I love it. Maybe you could try using a light hand and dust it on your cheeks? Orange/coral/peach is in right now anyways :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much.